Friday, November 4, 2011

Crabbing off the boat

BLUE CRABS!

We spent the week in SSI fishing and fixing up the condo.  I tried a new way of crabbing off the side of the boat while the fish were not biting.  Together we caught 11 fish – all cleaned and frozen- and I caught 10 large blue crab.  I was so excited.  Many times on the boat I wished we could crab and fish but never before figured out a way to do it.  I remembered how in Varadero we would go to the laguna  and throw out the bait on a string.  I don't remember how we brought them in but how excited we would get playing with the crabs.  So, I tied the chicken leg to a string with some weights and let it down beside the boat.  After a few times I could tell as I pulled it up that there was crab attached to it.  I lost a few when the crab let go and I did not get the crab into the net but I captured most of them.  They are bigger than the one we usually catch on the pier.  I called my 7 year old grandson and shared with him last night and he said, “Awesome!”  I cleaned all the crabs and put them in the fridge.  We will take the crabs to eat with them Monday.  He loves to catch the crabs and also to eat them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Write me your comments, please and I will write you back!