Saturday, August 25, 2012

My grandkids under water!

I loved teaching baby swimming lessons for 35 years, but the most fun of all is teaching my own grandchildren!  Andrew inspired me to make the Learn to Swim with Miss Bea dvd when he was a baby.  He is my main star!  And now he is 8 years old.
Baby Andrew on the dvd cover

Knowing that I would only have a few more times in our neighbor's pool with the grandchildren, I got a cheapie underwater camera and took some pictures.  

Already now the water is much cooler.  

Caroline wouldn't even jump in this last time.  

Caroline is freezing after 15 minutes in the pool!

I had to bribe her with my hat to even get her in the pool and let her dunk me more than usual to get her to stay in the water.  
Caroline just swam to get the hat from the bottom.  We are practicing blowing bubbles.

Anyway, a few weeks ago when it was still hot outside everyone came to swim.

Mimi and grandkids minus Isabella.  (Look for her at the end of this post.)

They went under and through the hulahoop

Lauren

Lauren
Caroline

My kids swim with and without goggles so that they don't get addicted to the goggles.

Read about Andrew's first swim meet.

Durham is not too sure about the whole going under the water thing.  
I don't get to practice with him very often.  
Durham
Look at these eyes!
Maybe we'll have hot enough days again to heat up the pool again- and warmer nights!
I'm looking for an indoor pool that's closer than the one I used last year!
Isabella slept the whole time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Write me your comments, please and I will write you back!