Thursday, May 10, 2012

High Fiber Pasta Recipes to try!


Doctor Oz has some good recipes that I want to pin.  Sometimes it's just too complicated or too far out.  But these sound great and easy.  
I like ithe ingredients and want to try it.  I don't know how the macaroni won't fall apart with 3 hours of cooking.  
 Next is the Hungry Girl's Fully Loaded Baked Ziti I love pasta.  Can't believe how few calories this has!.
I almost forgot these two!  My husband wants me to pin these!

Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
Don't let the name fool you: Buttermilk is low in fat and calories. Keep the creamy and tangy flavors of your favorite ranch dressing, but enjoy it at fewer calories with this modified recipe.


Traditional ranch dressing: 140 calories
Food Network ranch dressing: 20 calories

Ingredients 
2 scallions, chopped
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 tsp rice vinegar
Sugar and salt, to taste
Directions
Purée chopped scallions, minced garlic, buttermilk and plain yogurt with rice vinegar and a pinch of sugar and salt. Use on two heads butter lettuce with a 1/4 cup shredded carrots, some fresh cilantro and parsley.  


I also want to try the Laughing Cow cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Write me your comments, please and I will write you back!