Sunday, July 19, 2026

Thank You for the Beach!


Thank You for the beach

         the sun 

                  the breeze

The sounds of waves 

         and gulls 

                  and kids

To feel the sun      

         the sand, 

                  the sea.

 

I love to know that I 

         can come and walk

                  or run and play 

                           or sit and sun

 

But most of all I love to feel

         The Glory of Your Presence, near

To just get quiet and relax 

         and meditate on all that’s past.

                  And more… 

 

The beauty of the beach predicts 

         The blessings that Your Love will bring.

 

Now as I write this down 

         and think of you

I pray you know:  

         God's Ways are truth 

                  God's Joys abounding like the shore

I wish for us forevermore.

 

And at this Holy time 

         Let's meditate

                  And remember 

Christ’s birth, 

         His life, 

                  His death

 

We celebrate the Spirit now 

       And live in faith

No matter where we are, 

    In all we do

Let's join to share

God’s Kingdom Glory

Here on Earth.


    by Bea Skeens (adapted from 2004)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Write me your comments, please and I will write you back!